I’ve tried SO many different lip balms, chapsticks, lip scrubs, treatments, etc. But the ones that I’ve found to work best for different situations are:
- NIVEA Hydro Care – very hydrating traditional lip balm (doesn’t disappear in minutes, like EOS…)
- Burt’s Bees Tinted Lip Balm – very nice for no-makeup days, provides a sheer tint of colour with long-lasting moisture from 100% natural ingredients, comes in a wide variety of shades
- MAC Lip Scrubtious – my favourite lip scrub, comes in a variety of scents, works like magic with my (or clients’) lips
- Wet’n’Wild Lip Scrub – a great drugstore alternative to the MAC one, comes in a couple other scents
- Vaseline Lip Therapy – although I’m not a fan of using pot/tub lip treatments, I still use this one due to its intense hydration and repair qualities
- NYX #thisiseverything Lip Oil – a lightweight, slightly tinted lip oil that provides a good balance of moisture/treatment and glossy shine
- MAC Lip Conditioner – an emollient-based balm that conditions lips, locks in moisture, and gives a soft shine
- MAC Prep + Prime Lip – a colour-free lipstick base that adds light moisture, smoothes, and refines. Works amazingly under liquid lipsticks!
When working on clients, I always moisturize the skin and apply any of the needed lip treatments/prep products at the very beginning, and giving them time to sink in and do their job.
What are your favourite lip treatments? Let me know in the comments below!