Brands That Are Now Cruelty-Free
– Covergirl – announced on November 5, 2018, that they changed parent companies and pulled their stock from selling in China (read more here)
– Stila – since 2017 (read more here)
– Charlotte Tilbury (update) – there was some confusion regarding the stand of the brand, as they were selling in China where customers can touch the products but order online only, which would make the brand cruelty-free by Logical Harmony standards; they have stopped doing this completely
– Smashbox – pulled their stock from China over the past couple of years (read more here)
* Fenty Beauty – the brand sells in areas of China where animal testing is not required, however, some people still will not consider the brand to be cruelty-free due to this ambiguous practice (read more here)
Brands That Aren’t Cruelty-Free Anymore
– NARS – started selling in China to increase their consumer market a couple of years ago (read more here)
– Wet’n’Wild – in 2019 they were caught in odd practices: some of their products are manufactured in China (which doesn’t require pre-market testing) but they can be tested at any time post-market (read more here)
– Physicians Formula – owned by the same company as Wet’n’Wild, and exhibit the same procedure as that brand (read more here)
Here is my original post from several weeks ago about cruelty-free brands:
Do you know of any other brands that changed their cruelty-free status?
Do you shop only cruelty-free brands or any brand?
Let me know in the comments below!